Some people believe Christmas just isn’t Christmas without a real Christmas tree to enhance the Christmas ambience in a home with its fresh pine fragrance.
The following steps will help you keep one of our perfectly shaped real Christmas trees looking fresh throughout the festive season.
1. Refresh the tree by making a straight cut across the base, taking 2cm off the stump before you place it into a stand with water. This simple measure will better enable your real Christmas tree to absorb sufficient water to maintain its freshness.
2. Place the real Christmas tree in a Cinco Christmas tree stand that can hold at least 4 litres of water as well as your tree (ie at least the medium sized stand). You should expect the tree to take up additional water. Water the new tree until water uptake stops.
3. If you do not wish to put your tree up immediately, store it in a cool place out of wind and sun in a bucket of water.
4. Check the water level daily. If the water drops below the trunk, the trunk may seal itself and not be able to absorb water and the stump will need to be cut again. Straight water is all you need to help keep your real Christmas tree fresh. However, a Christmas Tree Preservative will also help to promote water absorption and needle retention.
5. Place the tree away from sunlit windows, television sets and other heat sources as they will dry out your tree prematurely.
6. If properly cared for (using the first five steps) your real Christmas tree should last up to 4 weeks before drying out.
7. Please note that as it is impossible for us to know whether you have carefully followed these tree care tips, we are unable to refund or replace your Christmas tree if it does not last the full 4 weeks.
The video below demonstrates how to put a fresh Christmas tree into a Cinco Christmas Tree Stand. The fresh Christmas tree in the video has been netted. For more information on our netting service, please click here.